Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What is Sexy?

There are likely as many ways to define sexy as there are people in the world. This is my personal list of what is sexy.

  1. Good Grammar and Spelling--The ability to use the tools of language correctly is incredibly sexy. This is especially true in the textually based world of online interaction. I liken poor grammar and spelling to showing up naked to a job interview. You might think it's cute, but in reality it's embarrassing and irritating.
  2. Articulate Communication--Not only is the correct use of the building blocks of language sexy, but so, too, is the ability to express yourself eloquently and beautifully. I'm a writer and I have a deep and abiding love for language. If you can use language in a pleasing way, you have found the way to my heart.
  3. Ruthless Obedience--I find the willingness of a servant to assess the tasks they are given, ask questions and offer suggestions appropriately, but then complete the task as I have assigned it because they know I have taken into consideration all parts of our relationship to be intoxicatingly sexy. Doing what you are told, not because you do not think about it, but because you HAVE thought, presented objections and had the task affirmed by me is something I prize.
  4. Honor and Integrity--Doing what you say you will do without excuses is an important trait. I despise being lied to (either by omission or commission)  and I expect all who serve me to do what they say they will do or do not offer the service.
  5. Promptness--Being on time and keeping one's commitments is incredibly sexy. I abhor being kept waiting, so be on time or reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
  6. Sense of Humor--The ability to laugh and to make me laugh is priceless!
While I find the human body sexy as well, it makes very little difference to me how pretty the package is wrapped if what the wrapping covers is a bowl of shit. A gorgeous body with an ugly spirit is not sexy. I'm much more interested in what makes you tick than what you look like.

2 comments:

  1. Again interesting what I read prior to your experience with a Skype session really bothers me also. And this goes both ways for subs I have been ripped off so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again interesting what I read prior to your experience with a Skype session really bothers me also. And this goes both ways for subs I have been ripped off so often.

    ReplyDelete